Department of Antenatal Fetal Protection
The Laboratory of Prenatal Diagnostics of GUZ " LOPTS "(LPD GUZ" LOPTS") is a structural subdivision of the outpatient and polyclinic level of the Perinatal Center.
The main focus of the department is a comprehensive prenatal diagnosis of fetal pathological conditions (congenital malformations, chromosomal abnormalities, ultrasound signs of intrauterine infections, Rh sensitization, fetoplacental insufficiency) and centralized screening for malformations in all pregnant women in the region.
The head of the department is Oksana V. Shchegolkova, an obstetrician-gynecologist of the highest qualification category, an ultrasonologist of the highest qualification category.
In the laboratory of prenatal diagnostics, the following tasks are performed:
- Consultation on pregnancy prognosis;
- Comprehensive screening of the first trimester at 11-13 weeks, including ultrasound and examination of biochemical markers of fetal pathology from the mother's blood (RARP-A, hCG), followed by the calculation of individual risk for chromosomal pathology (Astraia program) and fully complies with international standards developed by the Foundation for Fetal Medicine. This makes it possible to identify women of high-risk groups for the birth of children with frequent chromosomal disorders (trisomies of chromosomes 13, 18 and 21), as well as anatomical defects in fetuses at the gestation period of 11-14 weeks.
- In addition to prenatal diagnosis of congenital and hereditary fetal pathology, the complex of measures carried out in the department of prenatal diagnostics allows predicting complications of pregnancy such as: preeclampsia, fetal development delay, preterm birth. Timely identification of high-risk women is aimed at improving the outcome of pregnancy, as a result of intensive monitoring of the condition of the pregnant woman and the fetus, early diagnosis of symptoms of the disease and prevention of serious complications for the mother and child.
- Ultrasound examination of the fetus in the second trimester of pregnancy (19-21 weeks) is performed to exclude congenital malformations of the fetus, ultrasound markers of chromosomal pathology, markers of intrauterine infection, fetopathies. It allows you to identify more "small" anatomical defects, as well as congenital malformations of the fetus with late manifestation, to optimize the tactics of pregnancy management for the purpose of subsequent correction, including surgical, of existing developmental disorders in the newborn.
- Doppler studies to assess the condition of the fetus, regardless of the duration of pregnancy;
- Invasive prenatal diagnosis (chorionic villus aspiration, placentocentesis, cordocentesis);
- For the confirmatory diagnosis of chromosomal pathology, the cytogenetic laboratory uses modern molecular genetic research methods that allow to verify the presence of chromosomal pathology in the fetus with high accuracy and in the shortest possible time.
- Therapeutic punctures and manipulations on the fetus (kidney puncture for hydronephrosis, laparocentesis for ascites, thoracocentesis for hydrothorax, amniocentesis and amnioreduction for polyhydramnios).
- Ultrasound examination of the pelvic organs in women.
The department of prenatal diagnostics is equipped with modern ultrasound equipment of the expert class:
Ultrasound examination of pregnant women is carried out in accordance with the protocol approved by the Order of the Ministry of Health of the Russian Federation No. 457 of 28.12.2000. "On the improvement of prenatal diagnostics in the prevention of hereditary and congenital diseases in children" (Appendix No. 2) under the MHI policy for free.
Determining the sex of the fetus is not included in the standard protocol approved by the Ministry of Health of the Russian Federation, except in cases of hereditary diseases linked to sex in the family. The determination of the sex of the intrauterine fetus can be carried out at the request of a married couple as an additional service within the framework of the provision of paid services.
Every year, the laboratory of prenatal diagnostics conducts 26-30 thousand ultrasound examinations, 100-150 invasive medical and diagnostic procedures on the fetus.
The reception is conducted by obstetricians-gynecologists, ultrasonologists of the first and highest qualification categories daily in 2 shifts:
- first shift - 8.00-14.30;
- second shift - 12.00-19.00.
The work is carried out in accordance with the schedule approved by the order of the RCD No. 397 of 27.05.2013. "On conducting prenatal (prenatal) diagnostics of child development disorders in the first and second trimester of pregnancy".
Patients are recorded by doctors of women's clinics who carry out dispensary monitoring for pregnancy.
The laboratory of prenatal diagnostics is located: on the 4th floor of the building of the Regional Consultative Polyclinic of the Lipetsk Regional Clinical Hospital at the address: Lipetsk, Moskovskaya str., 6a
Contact phone numbers:
- Registry 8-4742-31-41-03
- Head of the department Shchegolkova Oksana Vladimirovna 8-4742-30-76-89